The popular Storefront WordPress theme for WooCommerce, by WooThemes, offers its users a great-looking Homepage with different sections.
You can easily get rid of any of the existing sections or swap their position on the page using a free plugin called Homepage Control, also by WooThemes.
However, if you really want to learn how to take control, not only of the Homepage, but of the Storefront theme, you need to step out of your comfort zone and get into coding.
The Storefront theme’s Homepage has 6 sections:
- The content you generate in the page editor when you create the page
- The Categories section
- The Featured Products section
- The Recent Products section
- The Top Rated section
- The On Sale section
functions.php file in your Storefront child theme, you can remove any of the sections above or change their positions relative to one another.
In this video I’m going to show you exactly what you need to do.
Customizing the Storefront Homepage
To follow along, you need:
- A WordPress installation, either on your own machine or on a remote server
- Access to the files and folders on your WordPress installation
- A Storefront child theme. If you’re not sure how to create one, here’s a previous post where I guide you step by step.
Here’s a list of useful links to the resources I discuss in this tutorial.
- Storefront Theme for WooCommerce
- Homepage Control plugin
- add_action() WordPress function
- remove_action() WordPress function